"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."- Augustine of Hippo

Friday, July 21, 2017

Los Angeles

We returned to the LA area on Wednesday and we stayed with a friend in Costa Mesa. We crashed on the couches since he lives in a large house with 4 other guys, but it was a remarkably nice/clean house. On Wednesday night he took us to trivia at a bar called Mutt's Lynch right by Northport Beach. We had fun catching up over drinks even though we didn't do so hot in trivia.

Since we had already been to Hollywood a few days ago on our first time through Thursday was our LA beach day. We started by going to Santa Monica and walked along the pier. Some great people-watching there! We also found it interesting to learn that it is the end of Route 66 and also where the idea of Popeye was started. We walked up to 3rd Street promenade and grabbed lunch. 





From there we moved down to Venice where we took a stroll along the boardwalk before plopping ourselves on the beach and playing in the waves one last time. There were some great waves there at that time.  Before leaving we also walked along some of the Venice canals that they built there in order to  look more like Venice, Italy. Pretty unique!




This morning I insisted on stopping at the beach one last time before leaving so that I could say goodbye to the ocean. I'm so sad to leave it! We went back to Northport Beach and I hopped out of the truck and ran directly to the water while Matt slowly made his way through the crowded parking lot. After I said my farewells I hopped back in and we drove out of town. 


Side note- I updated all of my photo albums to be sorted geographically so it should be easier to look through them. I've updated all of the links to the new albums in the right sidebar.

Don't expect another post until Tuesday-ish, since what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! (Just kidding, I'll probably tell you guys. But not til after we leave.)

No comments:

Post a Comment